SAFE AT THE CINEMAS, WATERWORKS CINEMAS
SAFE AT THE CINEMAS
Movies Are Back!
It's Showtime! MovieScoop Cinemas heartily welcomes you back! Please see your neighborhood MovieScoop Cinemas location for movies, showtimes, and more!
MovieScoop Cinemas staff have retooled operations under the guidelines and recommendations of local health officials and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
MovieScoop Cinemas furthermore follows the "CinemaSafe" guidelines issued by the National Association of Theater Owners, in consultation with medical and industry experts. We take these steps every day to better ensure the safety of everyone who enters our theaters. The health and safety of our staff and guests remain our top priority.
We are in this together. And, we'll get through it together. We are taking every precaution possible to ensure the safety of our MovieScoop community -- and we ask our guests to do the same. As such, please review the "Safe Cinemas" steps below; together we will help keep each other safe and healthy. Thank you. We strongly suggest that guests also review their local guidelines, including any temporary measures, to which each MovieScoop Cinemas location adheres.
• Reduced Capacity. We have lowered the seat counts in all auditoriums so customers can easily practice social distancing, as recommended by local health officials and the CDC. You will be able to sit next to and with people in your group -- but not next to someone who is not part of your group. Please note: Because of the reduced capacity, seating is limited. With less tickets, movies will sell out faster than usual. Therefore, it is recommended to buy tickets in advance in our lobby or purchase tickets through our website. Thank you! Enjoy your show!
• Face coverings.
Staff: All staff wear face coverings.
Guests: To protect yourself and others, all guests must wear face coverings upon entering the theater. If you do not have a mask, please visit our box office to purchase one for a nominal $1. Inside the auditorium, guests may remove their face coverings as they enjoy MovieScoop refreshments (depending on local guidelines).
• All staff take a wellness check before starting a shift.
• Staff Education. We have and continue to educate our staff on the symptoms of COVID-19. Staff have been retrained and prepared to implement these new measures. And, as always, our staff are required to wash their hands every 30 or 60 minutes, depending on their job.
• Hand sanitizer dispensers are conveniently located in the lobby.
• Social distancing in lobby, hallways, and restrooms. We have set up clear social distancing markers and signs. We want our guests to feel relaxed on their cinematic escape -- and fully enjoy the magic of the movies!
• Low-contact and contact-free transactions. We have added plexiglass barriers and EMV chip readers to reduce the need for contact at the concession stand and the ticketing booth.
• Extra cleaning. We are spending more time and attention in cleaning auditoriums between movies. We added extra time for additional cleaning of all high-contact surfaces, such as door handles, handrails, countertops, faucets, and touch screens, and other high-traffic areas. Our cleaning and sanitizing products are approved by the CDC.
• Individual Trash Disposal. Please help us keep everyone safe and healthy by throwing away your trash after your movie. Thank you!
• No Change Fees. There are no fees to change your individual movie tickets. We kindly request any customer who is experiencing signs of respiratory illness or fever to email or call us to put those tickets on hold. Likewise, if you've already purchased an individual ticket for a later date, but would like to reschedule, please let us know.
• Bucket Refills. We are modifying our Popcorn Club refill program by providing disposable popcorn bags. If you don’t have your bucket with you, we will honor your Popcorn Club membership.
We have missed our staff and our guests. We look forward to providing everyone a much-needed cinematic escape with the magic of the movies! If you would like to contact us directly, we would love to hear from you. If you have a general question, our FAQ guide may provide an immediate answer.
Thank you for choosing MovieScoop Cinemas and being a loyal customer.
MovieScoop Management Team