COVID-19 RESPONSE, WATERWORKS CINEMAS
During the mandated closure, we have a limited staff and will be checking emails once a week. We will respond as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and support. Meanwhile, our contests and fun movie news will continue on your local MovieScoop Facebook page. Thanks again.
March 16, 2020
MovieScoop Cinemas will temporarily close all locations effective March 16, 2020, following the guidelines of local officials and the Center for Disease Control.
The health and safety of our customers and staff remain our top priority. We will continue to monitor all new developments on COVID-19. Please follow us on Facebook
for the latest updates as well as our weekly contests and fun news. If you need to reach us, please email us
We look forward to welcoming you back soon and we thank you for your attendance at MovieScoop Cinemas.
Your MovieScoop team
March 13, 2020
The health and safety of our MovieScoop community are our highest priority. We have been closely following the guidance and recommendations of local health officials and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
To ensure we continue to provide the best moviegoing experience possible, we are taking specific steps and enacting new measures to best protect our customers and staff:
* Social Distancing: We have lowered our seat count to 99 per auditorium for our larger theaters, the rest of our theaters range in size from 40 to 80 seats. This way our customers can easily practice "social distancing" as recommended by local health officials.
* Open Seating for Luxury Theaters: We will no longer use a reserved seating system but open seating. This way, our customers can sit where they feel most comfortable and change their seats if so desired.
* Bucket Refills: We are modifying our Popcorn Club refill program by providing disposable popcorn bags. If you don’t have your bucket with you, we will honor your Popcorn Club membership.
* Extra Hand Sanitizer Dispensers: We have installed many additional hand sanitizer stations throughout our theater.
* Staff Education: We have and continue to educate our staff on the symptoms of COVID-19 and our ongoing preparations to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Staffers are not permitted to work if they are feeling sick. Our staff are required to wash hands at least once per hour, as recommended by the CDC.
* Extra Cleaning and Special Attention: We are spending more time and attention in cleaning auditoriums between movies. We are giving special attention to hard touch surfaces, such as door handles, handrails, countertops, faucets, and touch screens. Our cleaning and sanitizing products are approved by the CDC.
* No Change Fees:
There are no fees to change your movie tickets. We kindly request any customer who is experiencing signs of respiratory illness or fever to email or call us
to put those tickets on hold. Likewise, if you've already purchased a ticket for a later date, but would like to reschedule, please let us know.
As the situation evolves, so too may our policies, and we will do our best to update you here accordingly.
Thank you for choosing MovieScoop Cinemas and being a loyal customer.
The MovieScoop Management Team